Friday, May 13, 2005

Taking a break from cruising for new books

I am taking a break from cruising for new books. I was on a quest to discover why some good books receive so much attention and praise and others just fall by the wayside. Some of these books that receive so much praise are so similar in content to the ones that do not receive any notice has left me perplexed. I guess I will have to keep on feeling this way for awhile. I hate jumping to conclusions. I was told by a publishing company that some high profiled book reviewing establishments choose only to review books by high profiled articles. I recently made a comment about that accusing the new york times book reviews of such practice. I must admit that I myself have no personal knowledge about such a practice. I was just repeating what I was told. At this time, I would like to apologize to the new york times. I will not make such statements until I fully check my sources or do the research myself.

No comments: