Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Coming of Age In Mississippi by Anne Moody

Today I started reading the novel, Coming of Age In Mississippi. I was very interested in the state of Mississippi when I started looking into the history of slavery. I found a lot of information regarding slavery from other states, but somehow the state of Mississippi eluded me. It appeared to be a state, at the time, where african americans lived in fear. Although african americans were not treated fairly in other states, the state of Mississippi seemed to be the most brutal. I am just on chapter 2 in the novel, but it has answered a lot of personal questions for me. It has so far helped me to understand the behavior of some individuals I know personally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally something about a beautiful mind.
Also visit my site ; lanautica